Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fooooooooooood

So I bought the ingredients to make fermented cashew cheese yesterday at Good Earth in Fairfax. So far all I think I need are wheat berries to make rejuvelac (the pro-biotic I'll use to ferment the nuts), cashews and pink himalayan sea salt. They had it all and the people who work there seem to know everything about every kind of food and condiment. Very impressive and slightly comical. So I'm on the fermentation train along with most of my friends who are now pickling, making cheeses, sourdough, kimchi, making kombucha. In an article I found the author, who is an omnivore with no apparent dietary restrictions, said she loves to try raw and vegan food (and probably gluten free too) because new combinations and ingredients that are experimented with open up her food world. I totally agree. The more foods I try the more kind of foods that I discover I like- like horseradish! Ok, so here is a list I found on amazon of the Most Intriguing Vegan Cookbooks, I found it when I was looking for the The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook that I found in the bibliography of Wild Fermentation: The Flavor, Nutrition and Craft of Live Culture Foods.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home